When you book an appointment with Bridges to Wellness, that time is set aside for you. We never double book and are always ready for you when you arrive. In return, we ask that you show up for your appointment on time. If you do not show up for your scheduled appointment and you have not notified us at least 24 hours in advance, you will be required to pay the full cost of the treatment when booked.
Code of Ethics
If you are new to massage therapy, we understand that you might have some questions. We are confident that we have the answers to your inquiries.
Below are the answers to the questions that are most commonly asked about massage therapy treatment. Should you have additional questions please feel free to contact us.
What are the benefits of massage?
Even if you don’t have a specific health issue, massage therapy can provide many benefits, such as:
- Increased circulation
- Stimulation of the lymph system, the body's natural defense against toxic invaders
- Release of endorphins, the body's natural painkiller
- Improved range of motion and decreased discomfort associated with lower back pain
- Relaxation of injured and overused muscles
- Reduced muscle spasms and cramping
- Increased joint flexibility
- Recovery from strenuous workouts
- Pain relief from migraines
- Reduce post-operative adhesions and edema, as well as reduced scar tissue
Who do you provide treatments for?
We welcome clients of all ages including children, adults and seniors.
Why am I sore after a massage?
Following your treatment, it is not uncommon to experience muscle soreness for a day or two. The soreness is a result of direct contact with spasms in the muscle, as well as accumulated waste products in the tissue being naturally released into your system. This is similar to what many people experience after strenuous activity. Once the soreness is gone, you often notice heightened energy levels and an increased range of motion.
We recommend drinking plenty of water to help flush the released toxins and soaking in a warm bath with Epson or mineral salts to alleviate soreness. Your massage experience should be both pleasant and beneficial. We hope it will be the beginning of a life-long practice to help you enjoy the best possible health and wellness.
What’s included in the session time?
A session consists of massage, time for you to dress and undress, orthopedic assessment, massage time which may or may not include cupping, myofascial work, trigger points and hydrotherapy as well as home exercises and time to communicate with the therapist to make your massage truly customized.
How often should I get a massage?
For those who use massage as preventative care or to manage daily stress, one massage a month is common. Some people require only a few sessions to treat a specific problem, while others become regular users of massage therapy as both proactive and preventative healthcare. Massage can help maintain good muscle tone, flexibility, and help correct muscular injuries.
What are your accepted payment types?
We accept the following methods of payment:
- Visa (credit and debit)
- Mastercard (credit and debit)
- American Express
Do you offer massage gift certificates?
Yes! A therapeutic massage is a great way to show someone how much you care. Contact us for more information.
NEW COVID-19 Requirements:
Please make yourself aware of some of the changes that have taken place to the way we offer massage therapy at Massage Centre.
- Before attending your appointment, please complete the COVID-19 Self Assessment Test found here: https://myhealth.alberta.ca/Journey/COVID-19/Pages/Assessment.aspx If the test recommends that you be tested, or that you self isolate, you must cancel your appointment. No services will be preformed on anyone who has a symptom of COVID-19
- If you feel in any way unwell, if you have a sickness of any kind, you must cancel your appointment. No services will be preformed on those who are sick or feeling unwell.
- Clients should arrive no more than 5 minutes before the expected appointment time. If you arrive before this time, please remain in your vehicle until 5 minutes before your appointment time. This is to help us keep our waiting area from exceeding its maximum recommended capacity.
- Where possible please be prepared to pay by contactless methods; tap is available
- At the entrance into the clinic, please use hand sanitizer and put on a mask, if you do not have a mask, one will be provided to you to wear at all times.
- We wear one to protect you, please wear one to protect us as we cannot maintain 6 feet physical distancing.
- You will be required to complete a screening questionnaire and waiver to start your appointment. This is a requirement throughout Canada.
- All of the Personal Protective Equipment requirements are there to protect both you, your therapist and society in general from the potential spread of COVID-19.
- These measures will be in place until COVID-19 disappears or our government regulations change.
Thank you for being mindful, kind and know your patience is greatly appreciated.