1. Payment Policy: payment is due when service is rendered
We accept the following methods of payment:
Visa (credit and debit)
Mastercard (credit and debit)
2. What’s included in the session time?
A session consists of massage, time for you to dress and undress, orthopedic assessment, massage time which may or may not include cupping, myofascial work, trigger points and hydrotherapy as well as home exercises and time to communicate with the therapist to make your massage truly customized.
All treatment sessions have a specific time schedule therefore we regret that late arrivals may not receive extension of scheduled appointments. In special cases, and when our schedule will allow, we may be able to accommodate a partial or full appointment. This will be at our discretion and only with proper, advanced notification of your late arrival. The original reservation fee will be charged.3. No show policy
When you book an appointment with Bridges to Wellness, that time is set aside for you. We never double book and are always ready for you when you arrive. In return, we ask that you show up for your appointment on time. If you do not show up for your scheduled appointment and you have not notified us at least 24 hours in advance, you will be required to pay the full cost of the treatment when booked.
4. Informed Consent
Prior to each massage session, the treatment plan will be discussed with you. At your first visit with us you will be asked to sign the treatment consent form stating that you have read the information, understand it, and agree to comply with the professional massage therapy or acupuncture policies and procedures. Clients who we have not seen for at least two years may also be asked to fill out this form.
5. Scope of Practice
We are registered and held to the highest standards of the Natural Health Practitioners of Canada.
Massage Therapy is a profession in which the practitioner applies manual techniques, and may apply adjunctive therapies, with the intention of positively affecting the health and well-being of the client.
Registered Massage Therapists, do not diagnose or prescribe for medical conditions. Our therapist may refer you to a medical doctor for diagnosis or treatment. Our services are not intended as an alternative for proper medical attention for specific conditions. Please refer to a medical doctor for any specific condition which requires medical treatment.
6. Respect for Client Needs and Boundaries
Our Massage Therapists are happy to adjust pressure, temperature, musical volume, work longer on an area or move on if you request it.
The client may choose to: leave on as much clothing as needed for comfort, refuse any massage methods, stop massage at any time.
The client will always be modestly draped. Only the area being massaged will be undraped. The clients will be kept informed of the area to be massaged.
Sexual interaction or discussion of any kind between the client and the massage therapist is NEVER appropriate.
7. Confidentiality and Conversation
We treat all client visits and conditions as confidential. As such, we will not discuss your visit with anybody outside of our staff without your express permission.
You may choose to talk not talk during the massage. Conversation will be guided by the client’s direction.
8. Existing and New Medical Conditions
It is the responsibility of the client to keep the massage therapist informed of any medical treatment currently being taken, and to provide written permission from the physician, chiropractor, physical therapist, etc., that the massage may be continued.
The client must also keep the massage therapist informed of any changes in health conditions.
For clients undergoing chemo and radiation therapies – Please note that we require a doctor’s note that states the doctor is aware of and agrees to the desired treatment.
Code of Ethics
If you are new to massage therapy, we understand that you might have some questions. We are confident that we have the answers to your inquiries.
Below are the answers to the questions that are most commonly asked about massage therapy treatment. Should you have additional questions please feel free to contact us.
What are the benefits of massage?
Even if you don’t have a specific health issue, massage therapy can provide many benefits, such as:
- Increased circulation
- Stimulation of the lymph system, the body's natural defense against toxic invaders
- Release of endorphins, the body's natural painkiller
- Improved range of motion and decreased discomfort associated with lower back pain
- Relaxation of injured and overused muscles
- Reduced muscle spasms and cramping
- Increased joint flexibility
- Recovery from strenuous workouts
- Pain relief from migraines
- Reduce post-operative adhesions and edema, as well as reduced scar tissue
Who do you provide treatments for?
We welcome clients of all ages including children, adults and seniors.
Why am I sore after a massage?
Following your treatment, it is not uncommon to experience muscle soreness for a day or two. The soreness is a result of direct contact with spasms in the muscle, as well as accumulated waste products in the tissue being naturally released into your system. This is similar to what many people experience after strenuous activity. Once the soreness is gone, you often notice heightened energy levels and an increased range of motion.
We recommend drinking plenty of water to help flush the released toxins and soaking in a warm bath with Epson or mineral salts to alleviate soreness. Your massage experience should be both pleasant and beneficial. We hope it will be the beginning of a life-long practice to help you enjoy the best possible health and wellness.
How often should I get a massage?
For those who use massage as preventative care or to manage daily stress, one massage a month is common. Some people require only a few sessions to treat a specific problem, while others become regular users of massage therapy as both proactive and preventative healthcare. Massage can help maintain good muscle tone, flexibility, and help correct muscular injuries.
Do you offer massage gift certificates?
Yes! A therapeutic massage is a great way to show someone how much you care. Contact us for more information.
NEW COVID-19 Requirements:
Please make yourself aware of some of the changes that have taken place to the way we offer massage therapy at Bridges to Wellness.
- Before attending your appointment, please complete the COVID-19 Self Assessment Test found here: https://myhealth.alberta.ca/Journey/COVID-19/Pages/Assessment.aspx If the test recommends that you be tested, or that you self isolate, you must cancel your appointment. No services will be performed on anyone who has a symptom of COVID-19
- If you feel in any way unwell, if you have a sickness of any kind, you must cancel your appointment. No services will be performed on those who are sick or feeling unwell.
- Clients should arrive no more than 5 minutes before the expected appointment time. If you arrive before this time, please remain in your vehicle until 5 minutes before your appointment time. This is to help us keep our waiting area from exceeding its maximum recommended capacity.
- Where possible please be prepared to pay by contactless methods; tap is available
- At the entrance into the clinic, please use hand sanitizer and put on a mask, if you do not have a mask, one will be provided to you to wear at all times.
- We wear one to protect you, please wear one to protect us as we cannot maintain 6 feet physical distancing.
- You will be required to complete a screening questionnaire and waiver to start your appointment. This is a requirement throughout Canada.
- All of the Personal Protective Equipment requirements are there to protect both you, your therapist and society in general from the potential spread of COVID-19.
- All clients must have a current (within the last 12 months), written referral from a Medical Doctor or from a regulated health professional (https://www.alberta.ca/regulated-health-professions.aspx).
- These measures will be in place until COVID-19 disappears or our government regulations change
Thank you for being mindful, kind and know your patience is greatly appreciated.